Areas of Practice
contracting / locum
Assisting other legal practices, sole practitioners, conveyancers and other professionals requiring LIV certified property law services.
property LAW advice
- Buying and selling (existing residential & commercial)
- 'Off-the-plan' buying and selling (residential & commercial)
- Contract and documents reviews, drafting, etc.
- Adjoining owners and protection works notices
- Domestic building contracts and advising owner-builders
- Adverse possession claims
- Title boundary realignments
- Acting for landlords, tenants
- Acting for trustees of SMSFs (self managed superannuation funds)
- Advising mortgagees in possession
- Advising caveators, lenders, borrowers, guarantors
- Partitioning of land between co-owners
- Stamp duty, GST, land tax, FIRB advice
Acting for individuals and SMEs (small-to-medium enterprises), in all property matters.
Emma Elsworth has presented to many property industry groups and professionals on topics as varied as, Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) approvals, conveyancing pitfalls, digital conveyancing, risk management in property transactions and Owners Corporation / Strata issues.